Monday, March 9

Out of the Tree of Life I Just Picked Me a Plum

Today was quite the relaxing one. I woke up early to a sunny sky and ate my banana and peanut butter oatmeal, watched some One Tree Hill, and then headed off to the train station to catch some transportation to Malahide. With life's soundtrack in my ears (consisting of Van Morrison and Frank Sinatra mostly), I was on my way! Malahide is this small town on the coast north of Dublin. It was cute, but not any cuter than the small towns I've been to thus far. Howth and Adare were just as cute, if not cuter. But I had a nice day walking around myself- just people watching, taking in the cold fresh air, and drinking tea in a small cafe called Coastal. I wrote in my journal over a Pot 'o Tea and a bagel with cream cheese, just staring out the window to the quaint shops that lay across the street. The cream cheese on that bagel was gooood! Cream cheese in Eire is actually like cheese, and it's not nearly as sweet, so it was a nice and different bagel-y snack! I walked down by the harbor and watched over the stone wall for some fish to pop their heads up- with no luck, and then took a stroll down to the Malahide Castle. It was pretty expensive to go inside, and I really didn't even walk up to it. I just looked around the area.
I really just wanted to get out of my apartment today. Saturday I went jogging in THEE cutest part of Dublin- down by the canal, but after that I haven't down much aside from cleaning the apartment and rearranging my room for my visitors. Yesterday was pretty uneventful, and there a wee bit of a storm a-brewin' outside me window! (my apologies..haa)

Anyway, tomorrow night my two friends Jill and Jes wil be visiting from Florence, Italy, with their two other roommates. Then the 12th of March begins the 5-day St. Paddy's Day celebration all over Dublin! Merrion Square, which is conveniently a block from my house, is holding the city's carnival for the 5 days. I think I'm going to take the girls for a hike down the Wicklow Way, in the Wicklow Mtns. in County Wicklow! Wicklow, Wicklow, Wicklow! I'll give more updates, but until then, have a grand Monday :-)

Me Journey to Emerald Isle!

2 comments:

  1. "But I had a nice day walking around myself- just people watching, taking in the cold fresh air, and drinking tea in a small cafe called Coastal. I wrote in my journal over a Pot 'o Tea and a bagel with cream cheese, just staring out the window to the quaint shops that lay across the street. "

    LMAO... i was cracking up when i read this.. youre so gay
    glad to hear you had a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake- that's why I'm the writer in the family and you're taking Calculus, ya JERK!

    ReplyDelete