Saturday, May 9

Mitchell... Coyle ...Myers... Brauckmann... What;s Baby's real name? How many kids did they have?

I just returned to Dublin from Castlebar, County Mayo! My great grandmother Margaret Mitchell was born to Owen and Mary Mitchell in Mayo, had 2 sisters and 2 brothers, one who died in infancy. Then Margaret moved to the USA, married and had 6 or 7 children- Desmond, Joe, William, Peggy, George and Mary with George Coyle. Mary is my grandmom. Anyway- loooonng story short, Margaret's brother Owen (Sonny) married Bridgie and they had 6 children, one whom I just visited- Joe! So Joe is my grandmom's cousin. Joe and his wife Maureen were fabulous!!!

I arrived on Thursday to Maureen's welcoming hug at the train station. She took me to their house in Belcarra, a small village outside of Castlebar. She fed me of course, with fries and coleslaw and chicken. Yum (and verrrry Irish might I add)!



No comments:

Post a Comment