In other news, I think I'm going to get a job here though. We're allowed to if we get the right papers and all. The minimum wage is like 8.65 euro, which is like 10$, so that's awesome. I might want to work in a pub, maybe as a bar-back even, 'cause it seems like there aren't too many women bartenders- all men mostly- which is quite the opposite in the
It seems as though Dublin a nice little robbery-ridden city. A few things have happened to my roommates that have me looking around every corner. But I don't feel UNSAFE (mom- breathe.) Last night my one roommate Andy met these Irish guys, and he went to their apt to hang out for a little bit. Well it turned out that these guys started doing some hard drugs and then they asked him to leave. Not surprisingly, he was totally grateful. So he was sent into a parking garage, and he couldn't get out. He didn't get home till like 4 or 5am. It's kinda scary. And then Matt and Andy's two friends got their apt robbed last night. Computers, phones, cameras, everything. A BIT scary. Thank god we have an alarm system on our apt.
Saturday, January 17
RAIN AND WIND, all crevices
Things are going well so far! The weather is poopy right now. It's SO windy, SO rainy, and a little coldish. Meanwhile, we're getting really frustrated with not having internet at the house. Cause it's like we paid for it, ya know?! But I'm trying my best to get settled despite it. I'm at a WiFi cafe right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
whoa! seems like you got an in medias res type welcoming there, huh?! haha well keep your head on your shoulders, the only person you can trust is yourself, all that stuff :) I just feel better saying it! :) keep the updates coming. Love 'em. :)
ReplyDeletemwah and good luck!
Oh please, I'd like to see anyone pull something on you. They'd end up running away, telling all the other street rats (to use an Aladdin reference) to be very afraid of the American gal from Philly named Jacquie.
ReplyDelete