Wednesday, February 18

Sequin Speedo

Yesterday a group of cancer fund raising kids stormed into my class wearing lingerie underneath doctors' labs coats, and the boys were too. So at 11am in the morning I saw more silver sequined speedos on human bodies than I ever want to see again in my life time.

In other news, school has been quite hectic lately. This Irish chick who I'm doing a presentation with on Thursday keeps standing me up on getting together to mesh our powerpoints. It's starting to eat at me, cause we have to present tomorrow at noon. RIDIC! But I sat in on a meeting that was not mine today and got free coffee and pastries out of it, plus complimentary tickets to a UCD rugby game on Saturday. That should be fun and I'm really looking forward to it.

Kickboxing was really fun last night and I'm starting to get into it. Tonight there is a kickboxing social at the student bar in the student centre. I still can't get over that there is a pub in the student centre. But I met this one kid Neil who's Irish, and he's super nice, and this other American girl Prathna, who lives in Oregon but goes to school in Philly at Haverford. So I'm definitely going to stick with the kickboxing.

Meanwhile, we still don't have internet at the house, and this country's favorite thing to say is "we'll be there in 3-5 days." WELL, they said that 5 days ago and they said they were sending a router 2 weeks ago. Needless to say, we're getting uber frustrated because we deserve to have internet, especially because we're paying for it--and we need to get school work done at home too. I don't want to spend every waking hour at UCD.

Anywayy, updates later this weekend are to come !!

No comments:

Post a Comment